You need a family visa to live with a family member in the UK for more than 6 months.
If you’re outside the UK, you can apply for a family visa to live with your:
- spouse or partner
- fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner
- relative who’ll provide long-term care for you
If you’re in the UK
You can apply to extend your stay with your family member if you’re already in the UK on a family visa.
If you came to the UK on a different visa, you might be able to switch to a family visa to stay with your:
- spouse or partner
You might be able to apply to stay on the basis of your private life if you’ve lived in the UK for many years already.
When you can apply to extend or switch
The earliest you can apply is 28 days before your current permission to stay in the UK expires.
If you’re extending your visa to stay with the same family member, any time you have left will be added to your new stay up to a maximum of 28 days.
Why Use Clay and Porter Solicitors for Your Family Application?
We are experts in dealing with Family of British Citizens & Settled Person application. The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service we provide. Please contact us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in the UK in relation to your Family of British Citizens & Settled Person application and our immigration solicitors will provide you with friendly, reliable and professional immigration service.
We pride ourselves on our approach to our clients, from initial contact to our focused and professional advice on whatever our individual client’s requirements are.
We also offer a more personal service and give our clients the TIME and COMMITMENT to tailor a service specific to their needs. As a small practice, we are client focused rather than profit driven
“Thank you for all the hard work, the patience and empathy you showed my wife and me during my visa application process. Because of your hard work and thinking outside the box, I got my spouse visa. My wife and I say a big thank you” Adnan, Wolverhampton
If instructed to represent you regarding your Family of British Citizens & Settled Person application, we will do the following immigration casework for you:
- Our immigration solicitors will take Detailed Instructions from you and advise you about the relevant immigration laws and procedures to be adopted by the Home Office, UKBA in your immigration case;
- Our immigration solicitors will discuss your immigration case in detail with you and advise you about the weaknesses and strengths of your immigration case;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of your Family of British Citizens & Settled Person application;
- Our immigration solicitors will consider contents of the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of the application and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will complete the relevant immigration form and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will prepare a covering letter to introduce and support the application for Long Residence
- Our immigration solicitors will liaise with the Home Office, UKBA for an expeditious decision on the application;
- Our immigration solicitors will protect your interests while your application is pending with the Home Office, UKBA and keep you informed of the progress of your Family of British Citizens & Settled Person application;
- Our immigration solicitors will do all the follow-up work including responding to any queries raised by the Home Office, UKBA until a decision is reached on your application;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the implications of the Home Office decision on your application.
Our Fee for Family of British Citizens & Settled Person Application
- Our fee is between £800 and £1000 for our professional immigration services in relation to your Family of British Citizens & Settled Person application. Once agreed, the fee will not change!
- If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly instalments.
- The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g. Home Office fee and translation of documents to English