ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW APPLICATIONS-DO’S AND DON’TS
The rules governing administrative review can be found under Rules 34l-34y in Part1 of, and Appendix AR to the Immigration Rules.
In simple terms, an administrative review considers whether a decision of the Home Office is wrong because of a case working error and, if it is, correct that error. So, an administrative review is only available where a decision has already been made on an application and such review (this is very important) will only take into consideration documents submitted before a decision was reached. New documents or evidence are a no, no.
An application for administrative review can be made when the applicant is in the Uk (in-country application), at the border or in the applicants’ primary place of residence. There is a fee of £82 for an administrative review and the fee is only refunded if the decision of the review is to grant a visa.
Because the applicant must leave the UK if an administrative review is unsuccessful, it is important that an administrative review application is handled with due care and diligence. At Clay and Porter Solicitors, we adopt the following methodology when we handle an application for administrative review:
- We start by first taking a critical look at the application in order to understand what led to the refusal
- Employing great care and thoroughness we pick out permitted casework error(s)
- Finally, we present logical and persuasive reasons why the decision should be reversed and a visa issued.
An administrative review application can be brought under a few headings such as:
- That the decision makers decision not to request specified documents under par 245AA of these rules was incorrect or
- That the decision maker otherwise applied immigration rules incorrectly
Whatever approach we decide to take at Clay and Porter Solicitors. you can rest assured that such approach will be one that has your best interest at heart.
Contact your solicitor today by dropping us an email at email@example.com or you can book an appointment via our book an appointment page.