Long residence Application
The rules on long residence recognise the ties a person may form with the UK over a lengthy period of residence here. Settlement can be granted under paragraphs 276A-276D of the Immigration Rules after a period of 10 years continuous lawful residence.
Before 9 July 2012 it was possible to grant long residence after a period of 14 years continuous residence, but that provision was removed by changes to the Immigration Rules on that date.
“My problem with my past lawyer is they never pick or return your calls. This law firm picks their call and call you back when you leave a message on their phone. After living in the UK for 15 years I am now British. Thank you lawyers at Clay and Porter” Joel, Little Horwood
Requirements for long residence
The applicant must meet the following requirements to be granted indefinite leave:
- the applicant must have at least 10 years continuous lawful residence in the UK
- there must be no reason why granting leave is against the public good
- the applicant must meet the knowledge of language and life requirement
- the applicant must not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal
- the applicant must not be in breach of immigration laws, except for any period of overstaying for 28 days or less which will be disregarded where the period of overstaying ended before 24 November 2016 where overstaying on or after 24 November 2016, leave was never the less granted in accordance with paragraph 39E of the immigration rules
Why Use Clay and Porter Solicitors for Your Long Residence Application?
We are experts in dealing with Long Residence application. The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service we provide. Please contact us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in the UK in relation to your Long Residence Application and our immigration solicitors will provide you with friendly, reliable and professional immigration service.
We pride ourselves on our approach to our clients, from initial contact to our focused and professional advice on whatever our individual client’s requirements are.
We also offer a more personal service and give our clients the TIME and COMMITMENT to tailor a service specific to their needs. As a small practice we are client focused rather than profit driven
If instructed to represent you regarding your Long Residence Application we will do the following immigration casework for you:
- Our immigration solicitors will take Detailed Instructions from you and advise you about the relevant immigration laws and procedures to be adopted by the Home Office, UKBA in your immigration case;
- Our immigration solicitors will discuss your immigration case in detail with you and advise you about the weaknesses and strengths of your immigration case;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of your application for Long Residence;
- Our immigration solicitors will consider contents of the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of the application and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will complete the relevant immigration form and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will prepare a covering letter to introduce and support the application for Long Residence
- Our immigration solicitors will liaise with the Home Office, UKBA for an expeditious decision on the application;
- Our immigration solicitors will protect your interests while your application is pending with the Home Office, UKBA and keep you informed of the progress on your application for Long Residence;
- Our immigration solicitors will do all the follow up work including responding to any queries raised by the Home Office, UKBA until decision is reached on your application;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the implications of the Home Office decision on your application.
“They are amazing, they helped me to obtain my freedom and happiness” Mr Ahmed Leicester”
Our Fee for Long Residence Application
- Our feeis £800 for our professional immigration services in relation to your Long Residence Application . Once agreed, the fee will not change!
- If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly instalments.
- The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g. Home Office fee and translation of documents to English