Standard Visitor Visa
You can apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK for leisure, business, to take part in sports or creative events or for another reason, for example, to receive private medical treatment.
Your standard visitor visa allows you to take part in any of the business-related activities mentioned in the Visitor Rules, study for up to 30 days, as long as it’s not the main reason for your visit, take part in an exchange programme or educational visit (if you’re under 18), convert your civil partnership into a marriage or pass through the UK in transit (on your way to another country)
You can usually stay in the UK for up to 6 months. However, You might be able to stay for longer if you’re coming to the UK for private medical treatment (up to 11 months), you’re an academic on sabbatical and coming to the UK for research (up to 12 months).
“You must be satisfied that the applicant is a genuine visitor. Look at their personal circumstances, their stated purpose of visit, their travel history and record of compliance and whether they have adequate funds to cover the costs of their trip or, if they are applying to extend their stay, of the additional time they are seeking to stay here as a visitor. Supporting documents should back up statements made on the application form”…Guideline Issued to Entry Clearance officer by the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI)
Why Use Clay and Porter Solicitors For Your Standard Visitor Visa Application?
We are experts in dealing with an application for Standard Visitor Visa. The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service we provide. Please contact us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in the UK in relation to your application for Standard Visitor Visa and our immigration solicitors will provide you with friendly, reliable and professional immigration service.
We pride ourselves on our approach to our clients, from initial contact to our focused and professional advice on whatever our individual client’s requirements are.
We also offer a more personal service and give our clients the TIME and COMMITMENT to tailor a service specific to their needs. As a small practice, we are client focused rather than profit driven
“After two refusals, my mum was finally granted a visitor’s visa. We owe you guys at C and P a debt of gratitude. The kids thoroughly enjoyed Christmas with their grandma. Thank you once again” Angela from Liverpool
If instructed to represent you regarding your application for a standard visitor visa application, we will do the following immigration casework for you:
- Our immigration solicitors will take Detailed Instructions from you and advise you about the relevant immigration laws and procedures to be adopted by the Home Office, UKVI in your immigration case;
- Our immigration solicitors will discuss your immigration case in detail with you and advise you about the weaknesses and strengths of your immigration case;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of your application for a visitor visa;
- Our immigration solicitors will consider contents of the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of the application and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will complete the relevant immigration form and discuss the same with you;
- Our immigration solicitors will prepare a covering letter to introduce and support the application;
- Our immigration solicitors will liaise with the UKVI for an expeditious decision on the application;
- Our immigration solicitors will protect your interests while your application is pending with the Home Office, UKBA and keep you informed of the progress on your application for a standard visitor visa;
- Our immigration solicitors will do all the follow-up work including responding to any queries raised by the UKVI until a decision is reached on your application;
- Our immigration solicitors will advise you about the implications of the UKVI decision on your application.
Our Fee For Standard Visitor Visa Application
- Our fee depends on the category of standard visitor visa application you fall under, however, the agreed fee will not change once you instruct us
- If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly instalments.
- The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the UKVI on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g. UKVI fee.